Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The winter of my discontent.

Last week was quite a miserable week for me... felt out of this world on tuesday so when to see the doc... got the flu... he wanted to give me an MC which i took but i knew i couldn't keep myself away from the office... what with Dance Collective just a few weeks away and registrations not coming in as expected. I couldn't even sleep...i mean i laid in bed but my mind was constantly working and i couldn't "rest in peace"...so i went to work half zonked out from the "may cause slight drowsiness" flu medicine on top of antibiotics Amoxylin. Really so stressed that i wished that Jesus would come soon and i mean there and then. Or wished the terrorists would strike. Or wished there was an earthquake. But instead... God's grace was sufficient for me. Glenn reminded me that Dance Collective is God's project and that I shouldn't be stressed cos its not my strength or my power but its God's. That was like a mighty revelation. I started to chill and learn to rest in God. What a wonderful lesson and experience of God's rest in the midst of likely stress. Anyway i was on the last day of my course of antibiotics and still feeling not any better, my sorethroat which was a swelling near my tonsils was inflamed and everytie I swallowed my saliva, it would be so painful that i woke up in the night for every bit of saliva i swallowed. I decided to go see the doc again.
This time his partner exclaimed that Amoxylin was too mild for me and that even children take Amoxylin. So she told me to stop and take another 3 days of a course of antibiotics Zithromax, stronger one. So I had another new lot of lozenges to take that numb my throat...
All this while, my meals are fish soup, porridge, wanton noodle soup, porridge, porridge and more porridge. Boring.
But praise be to God. As of last night, I was feeling much much better and today, Spring arrived. The winter of my discontent has gone! I was up and running doing much work by God's grace...
i'm still feeling a little lump in my throat but no more pain...so that's the last lap. It is 95% recovery. Thank you God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Wesley Brown and i would like to show you my personal experience with Zithromax.

I am 45 years old. Have been on Zithromax for 2 days now. I took this drug (generic azithro 500 mg bid) to get rid of an 2+ week old sinus infection that did not clear with decongestants and antihistamines. The drug made a substantial difference within 2 days. I'm a physician and needed to return to work, and the tiredness was just excessive, so I stopped the drug after 48-72 hours. The infection did not return. I would take this drug again if I needed to kill off an infection. I don't expect to feel good all the time. If a drug is making me healthy in a particular way, it's up to me to weigh that benefit against the cost of side effects.

I have experienced some of these side effects -
Fatigue. I just didn't want to move or get out of bed while on the drug; it was a bit hard to figure out that this was an effect of the medication rather than the sinusitis. Otherwise I was fine.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Wesley Brown