Wednesday, March 09, 2005

My Personal Mission Statement

I took leave yesterday and today to have a personal retreat with God, to spend time with my heavenly Father, to build our relationship and to strengthen it. I'm also asking God to help me out as I define my personal mission statement (PMS). Interestingly, as I spend time reading God's Word, praying and pondering over questions that guide me to write out my PMS, I become clearer in my purpose here on earth... I see more clearly. Though it is still not entirely clear, the journey of discovering my mission clears it up slowly and steadily. I'm seeing the tiny fruits of writing out my PMS and I just wanted to encourage those of you who have been tugged, pulled, pushed in every direction, giving in to the pressures of others' expectations and letting all that take a toll on your relationships, energy & effectiveness, as I take a quote from elsewhere - "we have lost ourselves, literally, in a blur of hyperactivity and diversion", a personal mission statement (try it) would clear things up...
Here are some links on writing a personal mission statement: do check it out...
Personal Mission Statement Exercise
Larry Holycross.com
Sample Personal Mission Statements
Focused Living
Mission Builder
Teen Mission Builder exercise
GoalMind Transformation

Ok, these should be helpful enough.... if you are really interested to have someone guide you through this exercise too, let me know. :)
May we live life with more purpose!

No comments: